By Hasan Namli
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey (AA) - Another family on Wednesday joined the ongoing sit-in protest against the PKK terror group in Turkey’s southeastern Diyarbakir province, demanding the return of their abducted son.
The protest began on Sept. 3, 2019 in the city of Diyarbakir, when three mothers said their children had been forcibly recruited by YPG/PKK terrorists. The sit-in outside the office of the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) -- which the government accuses of having links to the terrorist YPG/PKK -- has been growing every day.
Beyhan Dagyeli, whose son was abducted by the terror group six years ago when he was 22 years old, joined the sit-in protest on its 443rd day.
Dagyeli, who came from the eastern province of Bingol to join the protest, said: "The Peoples' Democratic Party took away my son."
"Enough is enough. We didn’t brought up our children for this [...] I want him back," she said.
She called on her son to surrender to security forces.
Esmer Koc, another protesting mother whose daughter was kidnapped by the terror group seven years ago at the age of 15, said she did not hear from her daughter since then.
She urge all families whose children were abducted by PKK and HDP to join the sit-in protest, saying: "For 40 years, they have been taking these poor children and killing them in the mountains."
Taking place outside the office of the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), which the government accuses of having links to the YPG/PKK, it has been growing day by day since then.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the US and the EU -- has been responsible for the deaths of some 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
*Writing by Burak Dag in Ankara