By Idris Okuducu
ISTANBUL (AA) - The body of the Turkish diplomat martyred in an armed attack in Erbil, Iraq will be brought to Turkey, diplomatic sources said on Wednesday.
Autopsy procedures were completed at Erbil Rizgari Hospital, where the martyred diplomat was taken after the attack, said the source who asked not to be named due to restriction on speaking to media.
Earlier in the day, a Turkish diplomat, who was serving at Turkey's Consulate General in Erbil, was martyred in an armed attack at a restaurant, the Turkish Foreign Ministry confirmed in a statement.
Speaking to reporters in the capital Ankara, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said three attackers were involved in the incident.
Apart from the Turkish diplomats, two Iraqi nationals sitting on the next table at the restaurant became the victims of the attack, with one killed while another wounded seriously, he added.
Cavusoglu said that Turkey is in contact and coordination with Baghdad and Erbil to capture the attackers and reveal all the details behind the attack.
*Writing by Busra Nur Bilgic
- Blast at police headquarters in Indonesia’s Medan
- US government employees' families told to leave Bolivia
- UPDATE - Bolivian senator declares herself interim president
- Cameroon: opposition party to boycott general elections
- Lebanon: Man killed during protests after Auon's speech
- France aims to work with Turkey on return of terrorists
- Bolivian senator declares herself interim president
- Bolivia: Protesters offered $50,000 bounty for Morales
- UK: 25 Tory councilors posted Islamophobic content
- Germany’s Protestant Church to probe sexual abuse
- Turkey's president arrives in Washington for talks
- ANALYSIS - Europe must own up to its people in ranks of Daesh/ISIS
- Trump says US has 'eye on' Baghdadi's third-in-command
- Talks to form coalition government begin in Austria
- Iraqi government indefinitely postpones local elections
Body of martyred diplomat to be brought to Turkey
By Idris Okuducu