By Idris Okuducu
ISTANBUL (AA) - The body of the Turkish diplomat martyred in an armed attack in Erbil, Iraq will be brought to Turkey, diplomatic sources said on Wednesday.
Autopsy procedures were completed at Erbil Rizgari Hospital, where the martyred diplomat was taken after the attack, said the source who asked not to be named due to restriction on speaking to media.
Earlier in the day, a Turkish diplomat, who was serving at Turkey's Consulate General in Erbil, was martyred in an armed attack at a restaurant, the Turkish Foreign Ministry confirmed in a statement.
Speaking to reporters in the capital Ankara, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said three attackers were involved in the incident.
Apart from the Turkish diplomats, two Iraqi nationals sitting on the next table at the restaurant became the victims of the attack, with one killed while another wounded seriously, he added.
Cavusoglu said that Turkey is in contact and coordination with Baghdad and Erbil to capture the attackers and reveal all the details behind the attack.
*Writing by Busra Nur Bilgic
- Johnson, Tusk discuss Brexit, foreign policy issues
- Eastern Turkey: Gendarmerie seize over 1 ton marijuana
- North Korea tests super-large multiple rocket launcher
- UPDATE - Daesh attack kills 6, injures 11 in northern Iraq
- Macron: G7 against Iranian nuke
- UPDATE 2 - Hezbollah denies shooting down Israeli drones
- Hong Kong protests continue despite downpour
- UPDATE - Hezbollah denies shooting down Israeli drones
- 3 Turkish soldiers martyred in PKK attack
- Saudi-led coalition downs Houthi drone fired at airbase
- Rohingya prefer death to life without rights in Myanmar
- INFOGRAPHIC - Who are Rohingya?
- Saudi to decide on UAE role in Yemen: Minister
- Terrorist ‘neutralized’ in Turkey’s east
- Turkey 'neutralizes' 24 PKK terrorists on Saturday
Body of martyred diplomat to be brought to Turkey
By Idris Okuducu