CORRECTS PRIME MINISTER’S COMMENT TO SHOW HE SAID PKK RESPONSIBLE FOR TUESDAY’S BOMBING IN ISTANBUL, NOT WEDNESDAY’S MARDIN ATTACK, EDITS THROUGHOUT
MARDIN, Turkey (AA) - Two civilians and a police officer lost their lives in a terrorist car-bomb attack in southeast Turkey on Wednesday, Turkey’s prime minister said.
Thirty other were wounded in the explosion outside a police building in Midyat, a town in Mardin province. Premier Binali Yildirim said the victims had been taken to nearby hospitals.
Footage from the scene shows many buildings heavily damaged by the explosion.
A security source who spoke to Anadolu Agency on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media claimed the PKK had been responsible for the Midyat attack.
In a separate line of questioning by journalists, Yildirim said the PKK was responsible for Tuesday’s car-bomb attack in Istanbul that killed 11 people.