By Hatice Oksuz
ISTANBUL (AA) - The death toll in Saturday's Istanbul terror attack has risen to 44, Turkish Health Minister Recep Akdag said Monday.
Among the dead, 36 were police officers, and eight were civilians, Akdag said.
At around 10.30 p.m. (1930GMT) Saturday evening, two explosions rocked Istanbul's European side.
Outside a football stadium in Istanbul's Besiktas district, a car bomb was detonated two hours after the end of a Turkish League football match between Besiktas and Bursaspor.
Seconds later, a suicide bomb attack occurred in Macka Park in the same neighborhood. The suicide bomber blew himself up after police noticed him, according to Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.
The attacks also injured at least 150 others.
"A total of 13 suspects have been arrested so far," said Soylu. "Signs point to the involvement of the PKK terrorist group."
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus also said Sunday that the PKK terror group was "most likely" to have been involved in Saturday's deadly terror attack.