By Enes Canli
ANKARA (AA) - A New York Times author on Sunday shared on Twitter a picture taken in Turkey’s eastern Erzurum province following the 1983 earthquake, in the wake of Turkey’s ongoing Operation Peace Spring in northern Syria.
Kurt Eichenwald posted on Twitter an award-winning photo in which a woman can be seen crying in front of the corpses of five children after they lost their lives in the earthquake.
"Child murder? Not a problem for @GOP anymore. Its a feature. Dont you complicit killers ONCE say "family values," Eichenwald said on his Twitter account criticizing U.S. President Donald Trump, Senators Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio.
Mustafa Bozdemir, who had taken the photo, was the first Turkish photojournalist to win the World Press award.
Since the start of Turkey Operation Peace Spring, many social media accounts are sharing fake images or those pictures that were taken in the past to spread disinformation about the operation east of the Euphrates river.
Turkey launched Operation Peace Spring on Wednesday to eliminate terrorists from northern Syria in order to secure Turkey’s borders, aid in the safe return of Syrian refugees and ensure Syria’s territorial integrity.
Ankara wants to clear northern Syria east of the Euphrates River of the terrorist PKK and its Syrian offshoot, the PYD/YPG.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union -- has been responsible for the deaths of 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
- 4.4M people in northeast Nigeria could face acute hunger: Official
- US, Indonesia tout 'growing importance' of strategic partnership
- Iran rejects reports claiming its navy seized ship off UAE coast
- US defense secretary mourns officer killed outside Pentagon
- Austrian court rules police raids on Muslims under Operation Luxor unlawful
- UPDATE - Biden calls on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign
- Turkey rejects ‘irresponsible decision' taken by US on Afghan refugees
- Land surface temperatures hit 50°C in Turkey, Cyprus island
- 2 Ukrainian planes supporting efforts to battle forest fires in Turkey
- Biden calls on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign
- UPDATE - Forest fire erupts in NE of Attica region, Greece
- UPDATE - 152 out of 163 fires contained in Turkey
- UPDATE - Turkish president thanks countries for supporting fight against forest fires
- 3 killed in forest fire in Iran
- Tunisian president sacks ambassador to US, governor of Sfax
Disinformation about Turkey’s operation continues
By Enes Canli
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing