• İstanbul 5 °C
  • Ankara 0 °C

French male 'planned Euro 2016 attacks', Ukraine says

French male 'planned Euro 2016 attacks', Ukraine says
Ukraine confirms detention of French national accused of plotting to attack mosques, synagogues and state institutions

By Ali Cura

KIEV, Ukraine (AA) - Ukraine’s security forces confirmed Monday their detention of a French national last month accused of planning 15 terror attacks ahead of and during the upcoming European football championship in France.

Ukrainian Security Agency chief Vasyl Hrytsak told reporters at a briefing on Monday that mosques, synagogues, state institutions and bridges were among planned targets.

Hrytsak said the security agency seized bombs and ammunition linked to the planned attacks in Ukraine on May 21.

He said the operation to detain the French male came after six months of surveillance.

Security for the Euro 2016 tournament is tight. Attacks by Daesh in the French capital in Nov. 2015 left 130 people dead across the city.

In March this year, at least 34 people were killed and more than 100 others were injured in multiple explosions at an airport and metro station in Brussels.


source: News Feed
This news is a total 276 time has been read
Tags:
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
This news yet comment has been added .
Other News
All Rights Reserved © May 2014 US Muslims | Unauthorized and the resources published.
Haber Scripti: CM Bilişim