By Burak Bir
ANKARA (AA) - The world witnessed several unexpected environmental developments and disasters in September, including catastrophic floods in Pakistan, heavy rains in Italy, wildfires in the US, deadly landslides in Uganda and a super typhoon in the Philippines as well as a powerful storm in Spain and a hurricane in Cuba.
Below is a timeline compiled by Anadolu Agency:
- A powerful typhoon hits southern Japan, bringing strong winds to Okinawa prefecture.
- Rain and flood-related mishaps over the past 24 hours across Pakistan produce 27 more casualties, including eight children, pushing the overall tally to 1,191.
- Another 19 people, including nine children, lose their lives in rain and flood-related mishaps across Pakistan in the past 24 hours, bringing the grim tally to over 1,200.
- With 26 more deaths over the past 24 hours, the death toll from raging floods in Pakistan reaches 1,290.
- A wildfire in northern Kazakhstan kills one person and damages 108 houses.
- Another 24 people lose their lives in flood-related incidents across Pakistan over the past 24 hours, pushing the overall tally to 1,314.
- The death toll from ravaging floods in Pakistan reaches 1,325, with 11 more fatalities reported over the past 24 hours.
- The death toll is at four from Labor Day wildfires across the US state of California as dozens of fires have forced thousands of residents to evacuate.
- At least one person is killed and two others are missing as Super Typhoon Hinnamnor crosses South Korea and moves toward Japan's northern city of Sapporo.
- The death toll from gushing floods across Pakistan reaches 1,343, with 18 more fatalities reported in the past 24 hours.
- At least 15 people are confirmed dead in western Uganda after the East African nation was hit once again by landslides following another spell of incessant rainfall.
- The death toll from devastating floods across Pakistan jumps to 1,355, with 12 fresh casualties reported in the past 24 hours.
- Seven people die due to flooding caused by super Typhoon Hinnamnor in South Korea’s southeastern city of Pohang.
- The death toll from Pakistan's catastrophic floods rises to nearly 1,400, with 36 casualties, including 15 children, reported in the last 24 hours.
- Thousands of panicked citizens leave a densely-populated district in southern Pakistan following a fresh spell of floods, adding to the growing number of displaced people in the country.
- The Cedar Creek Fire in central Oregon has burned over 86,000 acres (34,802 hectares), according to data, as the US West faces a heat wave that has contributed to multiple infernos raging in the region.
- The death toll from devastating floods across Pakistan jumps to 1,481 with 54 casualties, including 18 children, in the past 24 hours.
- The death toll from Pakistan's ongoing floods rises to 1,508 as 22 more people, including six children, die in flood-related incidents in the last 24 hours.
- 10 people die as heavy rains and floods hit Italy’s central region of Marche, while another four people are still missing.
- Typhoon Nanmadol hits southeastern South Korea, causing damage, power outages and displacing hundreds of people.
- The death toll from Pakistan's ongoing floods jumps to 1,545 as 37 more people, including 18 children, die in flood-related incidents.
- At least two people have been killed and 115 others injured after a strong typhoon battered parts of Japan.
- More than 100,000 people are displaced in Nigeria due to floods triggered by torrential rains.
- Another 27 people are killed in flood-hit areas of Pakistan amid reports of outbreaks of waterborne diseases in the affected regions.
- The death toll and property damage from floods in Pakistan keep rising as 10 more people die and the total number of homes damaged across the country crosses two million.
- Authorities in El Salvador say seven deaths were reported after homes were destroyed in a landslide.
- Around 1,500 corpses are swept away by floods from a cemetery in northern Nigeria.
- Hurricane Fiona slams into Atlantic Canada, leaving a trail of destruction, hundreds of thousands without electricity and leading Cape Breton Island to declare a state of emergency.
- At least 26 people have been killed in rain-related mishaps in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh in the last 48 hours.
- Tropical Storm Hermine continues to batter the Canary Islands, causing power outages, floods, landslides and 215 flight cancellations.
- The death toll from floods in Pakistan is still rising as 42 more people die during the weekend across the country.
- A man dies after a record-breaking storm caused widespread flooding in the Spanish region of Murcia.
- Much of Florida is bracing as Hurricane Ian continues to gather strength in the Caribbean ahead of making landfall on the US state's west coast later this week.
- At least five people are dead and three others are missing after Super Typhoon Noru, locally known as Karding, hits the Philippines.
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in Cuba, causing severe damage and flooding on the island.
- The death toll from a super typhoon in the Philippines climbs to eight, while six others are still missing.
- Hurricane Ian rips into the Florida Gulf Coast with 150 mile (241 kilometer) per hour sustained winds, leaving flooding and destruction in its wake.
- At least 21 people are confirmed dead in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian, and emergency management officials in the US state of Florida expect that number to rise drastically.