By Gulsen Topcu
GAZA (AA) –The normalization agreements between Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Israel are an act of betrayal against Palestinians, a spokesman for the Palestinian resistance group Hamas said Wednesday.
Sami Abu Zuhri said such agreements would not bring peace to Israel and the people of the region would continue to view the Israeli state as an enemy and accused both Arab countries of siding with the enemy.
Israel formally signed the agreements with representatives of Bahrain, the UAE and Israel during a White House ceremony presided over by US President Donald Trump.
Bahrain became the fourth Arab country to establish diplomatic relations with Israel last Friday after Egypt in 1979, Jordan in 1994 and the UAE in August.
Palestinians staged a series of rallies Tuesday in the West Bank and Gaza Strip against the controversial agreements.
*Writing by Ali Murat Alhas
- Turkey: 94 ex-army officials with FETO links remanded
- Liverpool sign Diogo Jota from Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Turkey registers 1,538 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19: Iran-Iraq borders closed to Arbaeen pilgrims
- Russia sends 400 war criminal mercenaries to Libya
- Trabzonspor, Denizlispor play out goalless draw
- India arrests journalist, Chinese woman for 'espionage'
- 8 YPG/PKK terrorists ‘neutralized’ in N.Syria
- Turkey: Ex-premier tests negative for virus
- Turkey overcoming pandemic's economic effects: Erdogan
- 9 still missing after Beirut port blast: Lebanon army
- Bangladesh, India agree to curb border killings
- Afghanistan: Hekmatyar ready to join hands with Taliban
- Attack foiled as explosives-laden car found in NW Syria
- Gaza reports 90 new virus infections
Hamas denounces deals between UAE, Bahrain and Israel
By Gulsen Topcu