By Fatih Erel
ISTANBUL (AA) - Formula 1 celebrated its 1,000th World Championship race on Sunday as reigning champion Lewis Hamilton won the third race of the Grand Prix at the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship in China.
The competition was held at the 5.4 kilometer-long (3.36 miles) Shanghai International Circuit, as Mercedes' British driver Hamilton claimed the victory to top the standings.
Sunday marked the 75th victory of Hamilton's career.
Hamilton is also the leader of the season with 68 points, followed by his teammate Valtteri Bottas with 62 points.
Mercedes currently leads both driver and constructor standings.
This season's driver and constructor standings are as follows:
- Top 5 drivers
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull-Honda)
5. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
- 2019 Driver Standings:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 68 puan
2. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 62
3. Max Verstappen (Netherlands): 39
4. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 37
5. Charles Leclerc (Monaco): 36
- 2019 Constructor Standings:
1. Mercedes: 130 points
2. Ferrari: 73 points
3. Red Bull: 52 points
4. Renault: 12 points
5. Alfa Romeo: 12 points