By Abdul Gani
GUWAHATI, India (AA) – After successfully test firing an “interceptor missile” last week, India once again test fired its nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile on Wednesday, according to local media reports.
India’s military research and development agency sources were quoted as saying that the short-range surface-to-surface missile was tested in Odisha state on Wednesday morning.
With a strike range of 350 kilometers (218 miles), the Prithvi-II is capable of carrying 500 to 1,000 kilograms of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines.
It uses an advanced inertial guidance system with maneuvering trajectory to hit its target, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.
The Prithvi-II missile was inducted into the Indian armed forces in 2003. The last trial of a Prithvi-II was successfully conducted on Feb. 16.
- First matches in Europa League group stage completed
- US says France 'vital' after deal with Australia prompts uproar
- Austria to cut unemployment pay to those who refuse COVID vaccine
- Ethiopia says aid delivery to Tigray continuing
- Egypt's Al-Azhar reiterates centrality of Palestinian cause to Muslims
- Tanzania acquits business tycoon in $122M energy scam
- Gap between Afghans, Syrians in asylum applications narrows: Study
- Turkey, Pakistan concerned over growing Islamophobia: Envoy
- Fenerbahce miss chance to win against Eintracht Frankfurt in Europa League
- US stock market ends lower except Nasdaq
- Tunisia's Ennahda urges for 'comprehensive national dialogue'
- PKK terrorists block implementing service projects in N.Iraq
- HRW: Armed groups kill nearly 700 in DR Congo since May
- Climate-related disasters killed 17,000 since COVID-19 began: report
- Activist speaks out on traditional dolphin slaughter off Denmark’s Faroe Islands
India test fires Prithvi-II missile
By Abdul Gani
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing