We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Trump bows to pressure, orders flags lowered for McCain
- Turkish, American defense chiefs talk over phone
- ISNA’s Annual Convention Comes to Houston for the First Time
- Attack in Yemen’s Saada leaves ‘dozens’ dead, injured
- Koreas to hold high-level talks on Monday
- Europa League:Besiktas to take on LASK Linz in Istanbul
- Israeli official hints at ‘wide-scale’ assault on Gaza
- Leicester's shining attraction: King Richard III
- Turkey to reveal 'new economic model' on Friday
- First hijabi US TV reporter defies odds to go on air
- Football: Chelsea sign goalkeeper Kepa for record fee
- UPDATE 3 - Israeli airstrikes kill 3 Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Turkish stocks down at open
- UPDATE 2 - Israeli airstrikes kill 3 Palestinians in Gaza Strip
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 907 time has been read
Turkey gives Bangladesh life-saving medical equipmentTurkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency donates devices, equipment to Jessore State Hospital in southwestern Bangladesh
US: Contact sports tied to disease that causes dementiaStudy of nearly 700 brains finds years of playing contact sports increases risk of Lewy Body Disease
Yemen officials raise alarm over dengue fever outbreakA mosquito-borne tropical disease, dengue fever killed 42 Yemenis in 2016
Cholera deaths in war-torn Yemen surpass 2,300: UNICEFUN Children’s Fund attributes mounting cholera death toll to ‘ailing health system, ongoing conflict’
Renowned cardiac surgeon Dr. Oz visits Syria’s AzazDr. Mehmet Oz examines children who were affected by bombings