We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Demonstrations against racism erupt across the U.K.
- Yemen to free 800 African undocumented migrants
- UPDATE 2 - 320 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- Yemen: 6 soldiers killed in clashes with Houthis
- Newly formed civil bloc demands cease-fire in E. Ghouta
- New S. African leader pays 1st visit to Zımbabwe
- May responds to Russia’s expulsion of UK diplomats
- Deputy of ex-Iranian President Ahmadinejad arrested
- Turkish agency sends 12 aid trucks to Syria's Afrin
- Fenerbahce, Galatasaray goalless in Istanbul derby
- Israeli tanks fire shells at eastern border of Gaza
- Civilians in Afrin expose PYD/PKK’s smear campaign
- Syrians rush to terrorist-free shops in Afrin
- US preacher faces terror charges in Turkey
- Turkish aid agency carried out 850 projects in Bosnia
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 804 time has been read
US hospital visits for opioid overdoses spikingCDC reports emergency room visits for overdoses surged 30 percent between 2016 and 2017
TIKA trains first aid volunteers in Bosnia-HerzegovinaTraining aimed at increasing participants' intervention capacity, skills
Muslim AMERICAN hero funeral at the diyanet centerPolice officer from Maryland, Mujahit was off duty. He was trying to intervene in a domestic situation between a husband and wife. Even While off duty, he was helping the community but unfortunately he sacrificed his own life while trying to protect anoth
Greek parliament agrees to probe Novartis scandalParliament votes to form commission of inquiry to look into allegations against 10 politicians
Turkish medical teams healing lives near Syrian borderVolunteers from around Turkey race against time to heal soldiers and civilians from across border in Afrin, NW Syria