We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Lonely Britons face extra pressure at Christmas
- South Africa’s ruling ANC meets to elect new leaders
- #MeToo brings tide change to American society
- N.Korea behind cryptocurrency hacks: Seoul spy agency
- Saudi Arabia lets women drive motorcycles and trucks
- Al Azhar condemns Israeli violence against Palestinians
- UPDATE - Turkish banker rejects accusations of evading sanctions
- Two Dead, Buildings Damaged by Indonesia Earthquake
- Turkish banker rejects accusations of evading sanctions
- US: Republicans release details of tax bill
- Thrace’s mufti polls are an internal issue: Greek PM
- France 'has no plan' to move embassy to Jerusalem
- Far-right enters government in Austria
- US sees E. Jerusalem's Western Wall as part of Israel
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 710 time has been read
West, Central Africa lag behind in HIV/AIDS responseAt least 4 in 5 children living with HIV in region not receiving life-saving antiretroviral therapy, according to UNICEF
Listeria outbreak kills 36 people in South AfricaMajority of cases were reported in Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal provinces
Istanbul, Ankara have clean air, says ministry officialBreathing in clean air is every citizen's right, says official of Turkish Min. of Environment and Urbanization
Turkish agency provides health screening in PhilippinesOver 15,000 people in capital Manila undergo screening conducted by Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency