We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Rohingya group congratulates Erdogan for election win
- Turkey, EFTA expand free trade agreement
- UK’s Prince William visits ancient city in Jordan
- UPDATE - Turkey: Steps pledged to lift state of emergency
- Turkey's industrial capacity usage rises in June
- Putin calls to congratulate Erdogan on election victory
- EU hopes post-elex Turkey to remain committed partner
- Turkish FM: Muslims prayed for Erdogan's victory
- Turkey: Steps pledged to lift state of emergency
- Syrians face vision loss from E.Ghouta attacks
- Ex-Egypt diplomat hails Erdogan’s electoral win
- UPDATE- Erdogan's main rival accepts election results
- Pakistani premier congratulates Erdogan on election win
- Erdogan's election victory praised around world
- Turkey: New presidential system to ease econ management
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 877 time has been read
Turkish Red Crescent to aid 10M people during RamadanHead of Turkish Red Crescent Kerem Kinik says agency operates in 35 countries, delivering aid to those in need
DR Congo: Over 1,000 people vaccinated for EbolaWorld Health Organization and Public Health Ministry on May 8 announced confirmed cases of Ebola in the country
Ebola: 362 people under surveillance in North West DRCThe World Health Organization says vaccines will be available this week
Turkish doctors volunteer in UgandaDoctors Worldwide provides orthopaedic training to health personnel
Foreign patients prefer Turkey for liver transplants80 transplants have been carried out at a center in Malatya in first four months of 2018