We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Erdogan reaches out over loss of Hamas leader's brother
- East Africa: Rwanda accuses Burundi of ‘provocation’
- France: Fresh protesters follow Yellow Vests' lead
- US sanctions ex-Israeli general over South Sudan
- 6 army troops killed in southwest Pakistan blast
- EU leaders urge 'urgent response' to disinformation
- West African first ladies launch girls' rights campaign
- UN envoy calls for monitoring of Yemen ceasefire
- Turkey helps Iraqi refugees who fled Daesh go home
- Nigeria suspends UNICEF operations over sabotage claims
- Merkel seeks to calm UK concerns on Brexit deal
- Hamas reiterates commitment to reconciling with Fatah
- UPDATE - Israeli forces kill 2 Palestinians near Ramallah
- Trump ex-lawyer says president knew payments were wrong
- Palestinian youth killed in clashes with Israeli troops
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 939 time has been read
Turkish agency donates medical equipment in VenezuelaTurkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency also completes other projects for education and culture in Venezuela
Number of US children uninsured up 276,000: reportDecade-long trend reverses course in Trump’s first year
Nigeria: 143 deaths seen from Lassa fever outbreakRate of fatality from viral disease is over 22 pct, says disease control center
Turkish aid agency opens intensive care unit in MexicoNeo-natal unit to serve disadvantaged communities
Turkey producing biosimilar cancer drugTechnology minister says Turkey can produce 180 different biosimilar medications