We've just learned that three of the leading Islamophobic hate-group leaders in the United States are scheduled to speak at a synagogue in Stoughton, Massachusetts tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Frank Gaffney, Jerry Boykin, and Tom Trentohave all been designated as anti-Muslim extremists by the Southern Poverty Law Center, alongside neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
These speakers have consistently defamed Islam and slandered mainstream Muslims. Mr. Gaffney has stated that "most of the Muslim-American groups of any prominence in America are now known to be, as a matter of fact, hostile to the United States and its Constitution," and Mr. Boykin has claimed that "We need to realize that Islam itself is not just a religion - it is a totalitarian way of life... It should not be protected under the First Amendment, particularly given that those following the dictates of the Quran are under an obligation to destroy our Constitution and replace it with Sharia law."
Rather than respond to their bigotry with more hatred, we are going to do as the Quran tells us: "Repel evil with that which is better." In that spirit, we invite you to a counter-event outside the venue, during which we'll give out free donuts and hugs. We're calling it "Choose Love Over Hate."
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Ahavath Torah Congregation (1179 Central Street, Stoughton, MA 02072)
While these speakers portray Muslims as violent and evil, we need you to come out and show their audience that we are a caring and open community. RSVP on Facebook, or via e-mail!
Jazakum Allah Khair,
- Philippines’ Duterte: Ignore civilians, kill militants
- US sets new visa rules for 6 Muslim countries
- Myanmar lifts suspension on workers going to Malaysia
- Philippines receive $7M arms donation from China
- N.Korea warns ex-S.Korean president of death 'any time'
- US issues tougher screening rules for inbound flights
- UPDATE 2 - Turkish policeman succumbs to injuries in southeast
- Wall Street closes higher with bank gains, oil rise
- DRCongo: UN sets up joint mission over 2M displaced
- UPDATE - Russia slams US claim Syria readying chemical attack
- 7 PKK terrorists surrender in SE Turkey
- Nearly 900 Nigerian refugees repatriated from Cameroon
- Turkish, US defense heads talk PKK/PYD issue in Belgium
- Petya spreads to 65 countries, including US
- UN chief says US' Syria warning 'should be heard'
Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
Action Alert: Respond to Islamophobic Speakers Coming to Stoughton, MA
This news is a total 498 time has been read
US: 22M more to lose health care under Senate billCongressional Budget Office determines Republican legislation would reduce deficit by $321B
US scientists decry use of 2 antimicrobial chemicalsMore than 200 scientists urge further restrictions on commonly used chemicals
Third of global population is overweight, obeseStudy finds obesity rates doubled in more than 70 countries since 1980
Nearly one in five people is obese in Turkey: SurveyAlmost 20 percent of Turkish population were obese in 2016, according to a health survey released by TurkStat