Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) offers its condolences to the families of those who died in a stampede during religious observances in the city of Mina, Saudi Arabia. Authorities say 717 people were killed and more than 800 injured in the stampede on the day of Eid al Adha or Day of Sacrifice, a holy day for Muslims all over the world.
- Kabul visit by Pakistani deputies hoped to mend fences
- Saudi Arabia arrests 46 suspects over mosque attack
- Sudanese rebels operating in Libya: UN envoy
- S.Korea: Trump remarks put anti-missile system in doubt
- Operation in E.Turkey kills at least 5 PKK terrorists
- Top Afghan Taliban leader killed in northern Pakistan
- Turkey offers condolences for deadly Kyrgyz landslide
- UN journalists set for weeklong Turkish tour
- Erdogan stresses work, peace in May Day message
- Turkey 'concerned' by US flags beside terrorist 'rags'
- North Korea threatens to sink US submarine
- INFOGRAPHIC - 'US-PYD/PKK cooperation violates NATO treaty'
- ASEAN leaders 'concerned' over N.Korean missile tests
- Trump to visit Philippines in Nov. for East Asia Summit
- Landmine explosion kills 2 soldiers in Yemen's north
ISNA Offers Condolences on Death of Over 700 Pilgrims at Hajj
ISNA Offers Condolences on Death of Over 700 Pilgrims in city of Mina
In a statement, ISNA said:
"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return). We offer sincere condolences to the families and loved ones of all those who died or were injured in this tragic incident, and pray that the remaining pilgrims return home safely. It is our hope that the incident will be investigated fully by the Saudi Hajj authorities in order to prevent similar tragedies from occurring again."
This news is a total 359 time has been read
Kabul visit by Pakistani deputies hoped to mend fencesVisit seen as ice-breaker in strained ties between the two neighbors, both facing threat from deadly militancy
Saudi Arabia arrests 46 suspects over mosque attackFour security personnel were killed when a bomber blew up himself outside the Prophet's Mosque last year
Sudanese rebels operating in Libya: UN envoyUN report says two Darfur rebel groups are operating in Libya and South Sudan
S.Korea: Trump remarks put anti-missile system in doubtPolitical momentum gathers to examine agreement bringing American missile defense system to South Korea
Operation in E.Turkey kills at least 5 PKK terroristsTurkish military also seizes explosives, guns, and artillery in several eastern and southeastern provinces