By Abdel-Raouf Arnaut
JERUSALEM (AA) – Israel recorded 7,527 more coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, its highest single-day figure since February, the country’s health ministry said on Friday.
As many as 61 new coronavirus-related fatalities have raised the nationwide death toll to 1,378, the ministry said in a statement.
The total number of cases now rose to 214,458, including 152,294 recoveries, the ministry said, adding 669 patients are in critical condition.
Israel returned to a total coronavirus lockdown on Friday that will last for three weeks in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus.
- Iran speaker slams French insults to Islam, Prophet
- UPDATE - French president encouraged Islamophobia: Pakistan PM
- UPDATE - Erdogan lambasts Dutch 'fascist' politician
- Armenia leader should be charged for war crimes, experts say
- Spain to declare state of emergency, impose curfews
- Yemen rebels attack airbase in Saudi Arabia
- Construction of 3rd Turkish warship for Pakistan starts
- Italy imposes new virus restrictions to avoid lockdown
- Serbian premier announces new Cabinet members
- Erdogan lambasts Dutch 'fascist' politician
- Bombing kills 3 in southwest Pakistan
- Kabul claims killing key al-Qaeda leader
- Arabs continue to condemn French insults against Islam
- UPDATE - Turkish officials slam rising Islamophobia in Europe
- Turkey to set up strategic logistics centers for trade
Israel sees highest daily spike in virus infections
Country returns to total lockdown after recording 7,527 more coronavirus cases, 61 deaths over past 24 hours
This news is a total 14 time has been read
Iran speaker slams French insults to Islam, ProphetTurkey and Pakistan have also condemned Macron's attitude toward Muslims
UPDATE - French president encouraged Islamophobia: Pakistan PMOpposition leaders also slam Emmanuel Macron for 'hurting Muslims' sentiments' across the globe
UPDATE - Erdogan lambasts Dutch 'fascist' politicianFascism not in our book, it's in yours, says President Erdogan to Dutch politician Geert Wilders over insulting cartoon
Armenia leader should be charged for war crimes, experts sayInternational relations professors talk to Anadolu Agency as tensions run high between Armenia and Azerbaijan over Upper Karabakh
Spain to declare state of emergency, impose curfewsCountry to see nightly curfews, a measure that could last until May