• İstanbul 16 °C
  • Ankara 12 °C

Libya confirms first death from COVID-19

Libya confirms first death from COVID-19
Woman, 85, dies from virus, says Libyan National Center for Disease Control

By Hamdi Yildiz

ISTANBUL (AA) - Libya confirmed its first death from the novel coronavirus on Thursday.

An 85-year old woman who tested positive died from COVID-19, the Libyan National Center for Disease Control said in a statement.

Eleven cases have been reported in the country so far.

The war-torn country recorded its first coronavirus case on March 24 and authorities later banned travel between cities to curb the virus’ spread.

The UN has called for a suspension of hostilities in Libya to aid efforts to stem the coronavirus outbreak.

In Egypt, meanwhile, health officials said six more people had died from the coronavirus, bringing the toll to 58.

In addition, 86 more cases were recorded, bringing the total to 865 in the country.

Morocco’s Health Ministry said 66 more coronavirus infections have been confirmed, bringing the country's total to 708.

After first appearing in Wuhan, China in December, the novel coronavirus has spread to at least 181 countries and regions.

Data compiled by U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University shows worldwide infections surpassing 1 million with more than 52,900 deaths. Over 210,000 have recovered.

source: News Feed
This news is a total 27 time has been read
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
This news yet comment has been added .
Other News
All Rights Reserved © May 2014 US Muslims | Unauthorized and the resources published.
Haber Scripti: CM Bilişim