By Can Erozden
ANKARA (AA) - Mercedes team's Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas won the Japanese Grand Prix in the Formula One on Sunday.
Bottas finished first the 52-lap race in Suzuka International Racing Course.
He completed the race in one hour, 21 minutes and 46 seconds.
Ferrari's German driver Sebastian Vettel came in second, finishing the Japanese Grand Prix 13.3 seconds behind Bottas.
Another Mercedes driver, Lewis Hamilton from the U.K. claimed the third place in Suzuka International Racing Course.
So both Mercedes drivers Bottas and Hamilton made it to podium on Sunday.
Following the Mercedes pair's success in Japan, the British team clinched the 2019 Constructor's title.
Mercedes dominated this year's Constructor Standings with 612 points. They won the constructors' championship for six times in a row.
Ferrari were in the second spot as they had 433 points in this year's Constructor Standings.
Meanwhile, Red Bull Racing Honda came in third with 323 points.
The upcoming race in the Formula One, the Mexican Grand Prix will be held on Oct. 27.
The 2019 season will end with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Dec. 1 as the drivers will be competing in four more Grand Prix including the next one in Mexico.
- Top 10 drivers in Japanese Grand Prix:
1. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
3. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4. Alexander Albon (Red Bull-Honda)
5. Carlos Sainz (McLaren-Renault)
6. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
7. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
8. Pierre Gasly (Toro Rosso)
9. Sergio Perez (Racing Point-Mercedes)
10. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault)
- 2019 Driver Standings
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 338 points
2. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 274
3. Charles Leclerc (Monaco): 221
4. Max Verstappen (Netherlands): 212
5. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 212
- 2019 Constructor Standings
1. Mercedes: 612 points
2. Ferrari: 433
3. Red Bull: 323
4. McLaren: 111
5. Renault: 77