By Mohammed Majid
GAZA CITY, Palestine (AA) - Hundreds of Palestinians across the Gaza Strip on Friday headed to the security fence to participate in the weekly anti-occupation protests known as the Great March of Return.
Holding Palestinian flags, the protesters flocked to five different areas in the eastern Gaza Strip.
The Higher National Commission of the Great March of Return and Breaking of the Gaza Siege, formed by Palestinian factions, named this Friday's rallies “Al-Aqs Intifada" in reference to the second Palestinian Intifada which erupted on Sept. 28, 2000.
Since the Gaza rallies began in March last year, nearly 270 protesters have been martyred and thousands more wounded by Israeli forces at the security fence with Gaza.
Demonstrators demand an end to Israel’s 12-year-old blockade of the Gaza Strip, which has shattered the coastal enclave’s economy and deprived its 2 million inhabitants of free movement in and out from Gaza and prevented many basic amenities.
- Anadolu Efes hammer CSKA Moscow
- India’s indigenous COVID vaccine gets nod in Zimbabwe
- UPDATE - At least 2 killed, 3 wounded in attack on prison in Somalia
- Bad weather may have caused Turkish military helicopter crash: minister
- US urges China to play helpful role to end Myanmar coup
- US adds 2 Myanmar ministries to trade blacklist
- Suspected militants attack prison in northeast Somalia
- Myanmar's US embassy breaks with military over coup
- Sudan, US see first bank transfer in 24 years
- UPDATE - US Capitol Police request 2-month Nat'l Guard extension
- Magnitude 5.9 earthquake rocks Greece
- Magnitude 8.1 earthquake hits northeastern New Zealand
- UPDATE - World offers condolences after Turkish helicopter crash
- Spain to tighten curfews, limit travel for Easter
- Turkish president offers condolences for 11 martyred soldiers
Palestinians rally for 76th consecutive Friday in Gaza
By Mohammed Majid
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing