By Hakan Ceyhan Akdogan
MOSCOW (AA) - Adel bin Ahmed al-Jubeir, the Saudi minister of foreign affairs, has said disagreements over Syria between Russia and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) remained unresolved on Thursday at the fourth round of a strategic dialogue meeting held in Russian capital Moscow.
Speaking at a joint conference with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, al-Jubeir raised concerns over the meeting, namely over the future of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
"This is not the only thing on which we differ," he said. "Three major steps to take; first, Assad regime should stop attacking, and make room for humanitarian aid. Second, negotiations should resume and, third, dialogue should be strengthened during the Geneva process", he stated.
A “cessation of hostilities” agreement was reached by the U.S. and Russia in February in a bid to de-escalate the six-year conflict and pave the way for peace talks in Geneva between the regime and the opposition.
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a political and economic alliance of six Middle Eastern countries -- Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman, was established in 1981.
*Anadolu Agency correspondent Ahmet Sait Akcay contributed to this story from Ankara.
- 'Bandits' in Nigeria release 28 abducted school children
- Pakistan's ruling party set to form government in Kashmir
- Criticized over marginalizing Muslims, French bill adopted
- 9 tourists dead after landslide in northern India
- Suspects held for Eid-day shelling on Afghan presidential palace
- German gymnasts wear unitards in Olympics to criticize sexism
- Dengue fever raises new challenge for Bangladesh amid pandemic
- Turkey administers over 66.1 M COVID-19 vaccine shots so far
- France defeat Team USA 83-76 in their Olympic basketball opener
- Muslims in France worried over controversial anti-separatism bill
- Vote count begins as polling in Pakistan-administered Kashmir ends
- Over 3.86B coronavirus vaccine shots administered worldwide to date
- Yemeni gov’t, Houthi rebels swap prisoners, dead bodies
- Ulugbek Rashitov of Uzbekistan wins Olympic gold in Taekwondo
- Iranian commander dies of injuries in Syria
Saudi FM points out disagreement with Moscow over Syria
By Hakan Ceyhan Akdogan
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing