By Kyaw Ye Lynn
YANGON, Myanmar (AA) – Myanmar witnessed another bomb blast near a major trade zone in the country’s northeastern border with China, a government official said Monday, the third such incident in five days which killed two and injured one.
A senior police officer at restive Shan state regional government said three bombs exploded in Muse, a major trade town along the Myanmar-China border on late Sunday, however said no one hurt.
“The blasts cause minor damages. Investigations are still underway if it links with two previous blasts,” he told Anadolu Agency by phone.
“However an ethnic rebel group is believed to be responsible,” said the officer under the condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to media.
Several ethnic armed rebel groups are active in Shan, the largest ethnic area in Myanmar.
Of the groups, Northern Alliance - a collation of Kachin Independent Army (KIA), Ta’ang National Liberation Army (TNLA), Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA)and Arakan Army (AA) - attacked military checkpoints, police outposts and the 105th Mile Trade Zone in Muse in Shan state in November 2016.
However no group claimed responsibility for the series of blasts over the past few days.
A blast at a branch of local bank in Lashio town of Shan state last Wednesday killed female staff and injured 22 others.
Days after the deadly incident, a policeman was injured in explosions in Sittwe, the capital of western Rakhine state on Saturday. Police also found three other unexploded bombs in the town.
- Saudi police: Riyadh's shooting targeted toy drone
- Palestine to fight US move on Jerusalem: Mahmoud Abbas
- Over 50 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- UPDATE 2 - Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- French, Egyptian presidents discuss Syria over phone
- UPDATE - Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- Chemical weapons watchdog team visits Syria’s Douma
- Figo's team beat Ronaldinho's in UEFA-UN match
- UPDATE 2 - Palestinian lecturer shot dead in Malaysia
- PKK terrorist on wanted list killed in eastern Turkey
- CORRECTS - Wars killed 12.5M Muslims in last 25 years: Expert
- Wars killed 12.5M Muslims in last 25 years: Expert
- PKK terror attack kills civilian in eastern Turkey
- UPDATE - Greece became safe haven for criminals: Turkey's Gul
Series of bomb blasts rock Myanmar’s ethnic area
Third such incident in five days which killed two and injured one
This news is a total 21 time has been read
Saudi police: Riyadh's shooting targeted toy droneSaudi authorities dispel rumors of gunfire near Royal Palace
Palestine to fight US move on Jerusalem: Mahmoud AbbasPalestinian president stresses on 2-state solution to conflict, calls East Jerusalem capital
Over 50 undocumented migrants held across TurkeyTurkey has been main route for refugees trying to cross into Europe
UPDATE 2 - Threat comes from strategic partners: ErdoganTurkish president says they will respect nation's wish during early election
French, Egyptian presidents discuss Syria over phoneLeaders speak about joint strike by US, France, UK in Syria, according to Egyptian Presidency