BY Mohammed Amin
KHARTOUM, Sudan (AA) - Death toll from tribal clashes in the city of Port Sudan on the Red Sea coast has jumped to 30, doctors said Thursday.
With five more deaths, the number of dead reached 30, while the injuries crossed 116 with 27 new cases Wednesday night, a statement by Central Committee of the Sudanese Doctors said.
The statement further said the clashes have entered 4th day, adding law enforcement personnel have been deployed around the main hospital to protect the medical staff and patients.
Meanwhile, hundreds of people protested in front of the Sudanese Council of Ministers in Khartoum to show solidarity with the victims of Port Sudan. They called on the transitional government to put an end to the continuous killing in eastern Sudan.
The Sudanese Council has already sent military reinforcements to Port Sudan Wednesday. The local government of the Red Sea state has also declared a state of emergency and general curfew in the city. Kassala and Halfa cities in eastern Sudan have also witnessed tribal clashes last week.
- Football: Nazim Sangare moves to Fenerbahce
- Turkish Super Lig: Besiktas draw 1-1 with Antalyaspor
- Neuville leads Rally Turkey at end of day 2
- Pakistan demands inquiry into killing of 3 Kashmiris
- Package sent to Trump containing poison intercepted
- 2 army troops killed in NW Pakistan
- Gareth Bale returns to Tottenham Hotspur on loan
- 'Cyprus issue should be resolved on sovereign equality'
- Turkey: 94 ex-army officials with FETO links remanded
- Liverpool sign Diogo Jota from Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Turkey registers 1,538 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19: Iran-Iraq borders closed to Arbaeen pilgrims
- Russia sends 400 war criminal mercenaries to Libya
- Trabzonspor, Denizlispor play out goalless draw
- India arrests journalist, Chinese woman for 'espionage'
Sudan: Death toll from tribal cashes surges to 30
Curfew imposed, military deployed in Port Sudan as clashes enter 4th day
This news is a total 16 time has been read
Pakistan demands inquiry into killing of 3 KashmirisIndian army admits exceeding powers during alleged staged gun battle that killed 3 youth in July
Package sent to Trump containing poison interceptedPackage of deadly poison, confirmed with 2 tests, sent to US president at White House, says CNN
2 army troops killed in NW PakistanTroops killed during security operation in tribal North Waziristan area near Afghan border
'Cyprus issue should be resolved on sovereign equality'If process starts, we will bring not only federal solution but also alternatives to table: Turkish Cypriot prime minister
Turkey: 94 ex-army officials with FETO links remanded131 individuals were arrested in operations in 34 provinces on Sept. 16