By Servet Gunerigok
WASHINGTON (AA) - U.S. President Donald Trump lashed out Monday at ABC News for using a video from a Kentucky gun range and falsely claiming it as footage of Turkey bombing Kurdish civilians in Syria.
"A big scandal at @ABC News. They got caught using really gruesome FAKE footage of the Turks bombing in Syria," Trump said on Twitter. "A real disgrace."
ABC News aired the video over the weekend, saying "Turkey's military bombing Kurd civilians in a Syrian border town."
It was actually from a night gun demonstration at the Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Kentucky.
"Tomorrow they will ask softball questions to Sleepy Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, like why did Ukraine & China pay you millions when you knew nothing? Payoff?" Trump added.
"WOW! @ABCNews Uses 2017 Gun Range Video and Lies to Pass It Off as Turkey Bombing the Kurds in Syria (VIDEO)," said American journalist Jim Hoft on Twitter.
In the original video, one can actually see onlookers with their cell phones.
Earlier in the day, ABC issued a correction and apology, saying they took down the video, which was aired on “World News Tonight" Sunday and “Good Morning America” on Monday morning.
It said the move came after questions were raised about its accuracy.
"ABC News regrets the error," it said on Twitter.
Turkey on Wednesday launched Operation Peace Spring east of the Euphrates River in northern Syria to secure its borders by eliminating terrorist elements and to ensure the safe return of Syrian refugees and Syria’s territorial integrity.
Ankara wants to eliminate terrorist elements from the PKK and its Syrian offshoot, the PYD/YPG.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union -- has been responsible for the deaths of 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.