• İstanbul 27 °C
  • Ankara 26 °C

Turkey calls for restraint after Saudi pipeline attack

Turkey calls for restraint after Saudi pipeline attack
'We call for avoiding any provocative steps that could harm security and stability in the region,' says Foreign Ministry

By Ahmet Furkan Mercan

ANKARA (AA) – Turkey’s Foreign Ministry condemned a drone attack earlier this week that targeted two pumping stations along Saudi Arabia’s strategic East-West oil pipeline, calling for restraint in the region.

“We condemn the May 14 attack on two oil installations in Saudi Arabia’s Yanbu port, which was apparently carried out by Houthi rebels with drones,” spokesperson Hami Aksoy said Friday in a statement.

“We call for avoiding any provocative steps that could harm security and stability in the region,” Aksoy added.

The pipeline carries oil from Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province to the port of Yanbu.

On Wednesday, Saudi Arabia sent a letter to the UN Security Council blaming Iran and the Houthis for the attack, which reportedly caused significant damage.

source: News Feed
This news is a total 37 time has been read
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
This news yet comment has been added .
Other News
All Rights Reserved © May 2014 US Muslims | Unauthorized and the resources published.
Haber Scripti: CM Bilişim