By Busra Nur Bilgic Cakmak
ANKARA (AA) - Turkish fighter jets neutralized three PKK terrorists in northern Iraq, the country's National Defense Ministry announced on Monday.
Air-backed operations were carried out in Gara region, the ministry said on Twitter.
Turkish authorities often use the word "neutralized" in their statements to imply that the terrorists in question either surrendered or were killed or captured.
PKK terrorists often use northern Iraq as a base to plan cross-border terror attacks in Turkey.
On May 27, Turkey launched Operation Claw against the PKK in the Hakurk region of northern Iraq, followed by its second and third phases in July and late August.
Over 400 PKK terrorists have been "neutralized" in northern Iraq over the past four months, according to the ministry.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU -- has been responsible for the deaths of 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
- Israeli carrier begins direct flights to Morocco
- Blame games in Iran amid efforts to revive nuclear deal
- Fire at warehouse kills 14 in northeastern China
- Ugandans turn to cannabis, other local herbs to treat COVID-19
- Ordinary Zimbabweans suffer as businesses reject lower banknotes
- COVID-19 cases at Tokyo Olympics rise to 133
- Voting begins in Pakistan-administered Kashmir
- Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - July 25, 2021
- Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthis’ ballistic missile, armed UAVs
- UPDATE - 2 Turkish soldiers ‘martyred’ in northern Syria terror attack
- Tanzania receives 1M coronavirus vaccines from US via COVAX
- Macron asks for explanation from Israeli premier about Israeli spyware
- Austria to deploy more soldiers to eastern border to halt migration flux
- China and Pakistan hold strategic dialogue
Turkey neutralizes 3 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
By Busra Nur Bilgic Cakmak
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing