By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – Turkish Ministry of National Defense on Saturday said it eliminated more than 3,000 Daesh terrorists and destroyed more than 21,000 Daesh targets.
"As the only army that carried out hand-to-hand fight with DAESH, Turkish Armed Forces neutralized over 3,000 radical terrorists of DAESH and enabled 320,000 Syrians to return to their homes with the Operation Euphrates Shield launched on August 2016," Turkish Ministry of National Defense said in a written statement.
Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) started Operation Euphrates Shield on August 24, 2016, to ensure border security and the return of Syrian refugees and prevent Daesh terrorism.
"Operation Euphrates Shield reached its goal after the control of al-Bab settlement was gained on Feb. 24, 2017," the statement said.
"The operations we conducted at the Syrian border, and in addition to these operations, all the efforts to stabilize and support the region together with other involved state organizations resulted in the return of more than 320.000 Syrians to their homeland."
- Lebanon arrests 5 Sudanese trying to cross into Israel
- UPDATE - Mentally disabled Palestinian shot dead in Jerusalem
- EU regrets US decision on Iran nuclear deal
- Turkey condemns attack on aid workers in Somalia
- Turkey: Domestic flights to resume from June 1
- Mentally disabled Palestinian shot dead in Jerusalem
- Turkey ‘neutralizes’ 5 YPG/PKK terrorists in N.Syria
- China launches 2 technology experiment satellites
- India records highest single-day COVID-19 cases
- 8 Francophone countries get new currency
- Zimbabwe: Rift within ruling party dents president’s clout
- Russia sees another 8,000+ daily COVID-19 cases
- Pakistan reports record 78 daily deaths from COVID-19
- 5,700+ coronavirus cases registered in Africa in 1 day
- Turkey 'neutralizes' 2 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
Turkey neutralizes 3,000 Daesh terrorists in Syria
By Ali Murat Alhas