By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – Turkish Ministry of National Defense on Saturday said it eliminated more than 3,000 Daesh terrorists and destroyed more than 21,000 Daesh targets.
"As the only army that carried out hand-to-hand fight with DAESH, Turkish Armed Forces neutralized over 3,000 radical terrorists of DAESH and enabled 320,000 Syrians to return to their homes with the Operation Euphrates Shield launched on August 2016," Turkish Ministry of National Defense said in a written statement.
Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) started Operation Euphrates Shield on August 24, 2016, to ensure border security and the return of Syrian refugees and prevent Daesh terrorism.
"Operation Euphrates Shield reached its goal after the control of al-Bab settlement was gained on Feb. 24, 2017," the statement said.
"The operations we conducted at the Syrian border, and in addition to these operations, all the efforts to stabilize and support the region together with other involved state organizations resulted in the return of more than 320.000 Syrians to their homeland."
- Turkey, Lebanon eye enhanced economic, trade ties
- Turkish NGOs protest India's Kashmir move
- YPG/PKK has begun withdrawing in North Syria: CENTCOM
- UPDATE - 'Ruling party took giant leap for Turkish democracy'
- Dow closes down over 600 points after Trump rips China
- UPDATE - Turkey showed 3 mayors door for serving terror: Erdogan
- Turkey showed 3 mayors door for serving terror: Erdogan
- 'Ruling party took giant leap for Turkish democracy'
- Saving northern white rhinos: Scientists hit milestone
- Turkish president to visit Russia next week
- Trump ask if Fed chair, China prez ‘bigger enemy' to US
- Turkish students complete Urdu course in Pakistan
- UPDATE 2 - 70 Gazans injured while protesting near security fence
- UPDATE 3 - 'Over 340,000 Syrians returned home from Turkey'
- UPDATE - Turkish stocks end week up 1.84%
Turkey neutralizes 3,000 Daesh terrorists in Syria
By Ali Murat Alhas