By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – Turkish Ministry of National Defense on Saturday said it eliminated more than 3,000 Daesh terrorists and destroyed more than 21,000 Daesh targets.
"As the only army that carried out hand-to-hand fight with DAESH, Turkish Armed Forces neutralized over 3,000 radical terrorists of DAESH and enabled 320,000 Syrians to return to their homes with the Operation Euphrates Shield launched on August 2016," Turkish Ministry of National Defense said in a written statement.
Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) started Operation Euphrates Shield on August 24, 2016, to ensure border security and the return of Syrian refugees and prevent Daesh terrorism.
"Operation Euphrates Shield reached its goal after the control of al-Bab settlement was gained on Feb. 24, 2017," the statement said.
"The operations we conducted at the Syrian border, and in addition to these operations, all the efforts to stabilize and support the region together with other involved state organizations resulted in the return of more than 320.000 Syrians to their homeland."
- Singapore court stays execution of Malaysian national
- Regime attacks kill six in NW Syria: White Helmets
- US asks Asian allies to act against Chinese tech clout
- 2 Iraqi policemen killed in attacks in Saladin, Diyala
- OPINION - Turkey’s growing soft power at display in Somalia
- Turkish Embassy in US hosts iftar event for UN agency
- Ankara laments anti-Turkey activities in US Congress
- Turkish Cargo keeps growing despite global shrinkage
- Paid military service to be made permanent in Turkey
- Over 125 kg of heroin seized in eastern Turkey
- 2 PKK terrorists 'neutralized' in eastern Turkey
- Indian elections: Leads show easy second term for Modi
- Turkey to form Energy Fund for $2B non-performing loans
- Turkey's manufacturing capacity usage improves in May
- Oil prices down with rising US crude inventories
Turkey neutralizes 3,000 Daesh terrorists in Syria
By Ali Murat Alhas