By Aysu Bicer
ANKARA (AA) - Turkey's benchmark stock index rose 0.29%, or 295.12 points, to start Thursday's trading day at 102,913.54 points.
On Wednesday, Borsa Istanbul's BIST 100 index dropped 0.15% to close the day at 101,695.92 points with a daily trading volume of 7.2 billion Turkish liras ($1.27 billion).
The U.S. dollar/Turkish lira exchange rate rose to 5.6920 as of 9.30 a.m. local time (0630GMT) on Thursday, compared to 5.6868 at Wednesday's close.
The euro/Turkish lira exchange rate also climbed to 6.2317, versus 6.2304, and one British pound traded for 7.0310 Turkish liras, down from 7.0325 at the previous close.
One barrel of Brent crude oil sold for around 62.41 as of 10 a.m. local time (0700GMT) on Thursday.
- UPDATE 3 - Turkey: Search, rescue work continues after earthquake
- Afghanistan wishes speedy recovery to quake victims
- Bangladesh: Huge fire guts shanties, injures 4
- Turkey: 50-year-old rescued 17 hours after earthquake
- Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - Oct. 31, 2020
- UPDATE 2 - Turkey: Search, rescue work continues after earthquake
- OSCE: Armenia, Azerbaijan agree to not target civilians
- Latin America coronavirus fatalities rising
- UPDATE - Turkey: Search, rescue works continue after earthquake
- Turkey: Search, rescue efforts continue after earthquake
- Anadolu Efes beat Olympiacos 84-79 in EuroLeague
- Arab nations condole with Turkey after deadly quake
- Turkic health board shares knowledge with members
- COVID-19: France enters 2nd national lockdown
Turkey's Borsa Istanbul up at open
By Aysu Bicer