By Aysu Bicer
ANKARA (AA) - Turkey's benchmark stock index rose 0.29%, or 295.12 points, to start Thursday's trading day at 102,913.54 points.
On Wednesday, Borsa Istanbul's BIST 100 index dropped 0.15% to close the day at 101,695.92 points with a daily trading volume of 7.2 billion Turkish liras ($1.27 billion).
The U.S. dollar/Turkish lira exchange rate rose to 5.6920 as of 9.30 a.m. local time (0630GMT) on Thursday, compared to 5.6868 at Wednesday's close.
The euro/Turkish lira exchange rate also climbed to 6.2317, versus 6.2304, and one British pound traded for 7.0310 Turkish liras, down from 7.0325 at the previous close.
One barrel of Brent crude oil sold for around 62.41 as of 10 a.m. local time (0700GMT) on Thursday.
- Netherlands recalls 600K masks from China
- US coronavirus death toll tops 2,000
- Saudi Arabia intercepts ballistic missile above Riyadh
- Turkish soldiers help elderly amid coronavirus
- Turkey: Legendary goalkeeper positive for COVID-19
- Magnitude-5.8 quake strikes Indonesia
- Death toll from coronavirus rise in Egypt, Morocco
- UPDATE - Global death toll from coronavirus surpass 30,000
- French premier outlines strategy to combat coronavirus
- UPDATE - Italy reports 889 new deaths, slowdown in infections
- UPDATE - Coronavirus cases in Israel exceed 3,600
- Turkey rescues 21 asylum seekers from boats in Aegean
- Global death toll from coronavirus surpass 30,000
- Qatar confirms first coronavirus death
- Italy reports 889 new deaths, slowdown in infections
Turkey's Borsa Istanbul up at open
By Aysu Bicer