By Aysu Bicer
ANKARA (AA) - Turkey's benchmark stock index rose 0.29%, or 295.12 points, to start Thursday's trading day at 102,913.54 points.
On Wednesday, Borsa Istanbul's BIST 100 index dropped 0.15% to close the day at 101,695.92 points with a daily trading volume of 7.2 billion Turkish liras ($1.27 billion).
The U.S. dollar/Turkish lira exchange rate rose to 5.6920 as of 9.30 a.m. local time (0630GMT) on Thursday, compared to 5.6868 at Wednesday's close.
The euro/Turkish lira exchange rate also climbed to 6.2317, versus 6.2304, and one British pound traded for 7.0310 Turkish liras, down from 7.0325 at the previous close.
One barrel of Brent crude oil sold for around 62.41 as of 10 a.m. local time (0700GMT) on Thursday.
- Israeli army injures Palestinian, detains 2 others in West Bank
- Israeli carrier begins direct flights to Morocco
- Blame games in Iran amid efforts to revive nuclear deal
- Fire at warehouse kills 14 in northeastern China
- Ugandans turn to cannabis, other local herbs to treat COVID-19
- Ordinary Zimbabweans suffer as businesses reject lower banknotes
- COVID-19 cases at Tokyo Olympics rise to 133
- Voting begins in Pakistan-administered Kashmir
- Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - July 25, 2021
- Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthis’ ballistic missile, armed UAVs
- UPDATE - 2 Turkish soldiers ‘martyred’ in northern Syria terror attack
- Tanzania receives 1M coronavirus vaccines from US via COVAX
- Macron asks for explanation from Israeli premier about Israeli spyware
- Austria to deploy more soldiers to eastern border to halt migration flux
Turkey's Borsa Istanbul up at open
By Aysu Bicer
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing