By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – A veteran Turkish actor on Thursday was nominated for the prestigious International Emmy Awards.
Haluk Bilginer was nominated in the best performance by an actor category of the International Emmy Awards for his acting skills in the TV series Sahsiyet (Persona).
In the miniseries, the 65-year-old plays a man diagnosed with Alzheimer's who is cursed to eventually lose all his memories.
Bilginer’s character, however, turns the ailment into an opportunity in which he can execute guilty people without any fear of suffering pangs of conscience.
The 12-episode series won acclaim from viewers both in Turkey and abroad; it is rated 9.1 out of 10 on the Internet Movie Database or IMDB.
Bilginer, with dozens of acting credits to his name, made his first appearance in the mid-1980s, in long-running British soap opera Eastenders.
He won the best supporting actor prize at the 1997 International Antalya Film Festival. In 2014, he won the FIPRESCI Prize at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for his performance in the acclaimed film Winter Sleep.
The 47th International Emmy Awards will be held in New York City on Nov. 25 with the participation of 44 nominees across 11 categories and 21 countries.
- Iran: Conservatives win majority of seats in parliament
- WHO to support Africa on coronavirus response strategy
- Magnitude-4.5 quake jolts central Turkey
- Israelis prefer Turkey for hair transplantation
- Turkish diplomat urges Russia to keep Sochi Agreement
- Israel denies South Koreans entry amid coronavirus fear
- Trabzonspor draw with Besiktas on 2 goals by Sorloth
- Libyan minister greenlights possible US military bases
- Messi's four goals help Barcelona hammer Eibar
- Ronaldo scores for Juventus in 1,000th match
- Turkey welcomes transitional government in S. Sudan
- Turkish athlete Esref Apak makes Tokyo Games
- South Sudan: New government takes shape as VPs sworn in
- YPG/PKK terror group disintegrates: Turkish minister
- 'US-Taliban deal impossible without Pakistan'
Turkish actor gets nod for top international Emmy Award
By Ali Murat Alhas