By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – A veteran Turkish actor on Thursday was nominated for the prestigious International Emmy Awards.
Haluk Bilginer was nominated in the best performance by an actor category of the International Emmy Awards for his acting skills in the TV series Sahsiyet (Persona).
In the miniseries, the 65-year-old plays a man diagnosed with Alzheimer's who is cursed to eventually lose all his memories.
Bilginer’s character, however, turns the ailment into an opportunity in which he can execute guilty people without any fear of suffering pangs of conscience.
The 12-episode series won acclaim from viewers both in Turkey and abroad; it is rated 9.1 out of 10 on the Internet Movie Database or IMDB.
Bilginer, with dozens of acting credits to his name, made his first appearance in the mid-1980s, in long-running British soap opera Eastenders.
He won the best supporting actor prize at the 1997 International Antalya Film Festival. In 2014, he won the FIPRESCI Prize at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for his performance in the acclaimed film Winter Sleep.
The 47th International Emmy Awards will be held in New York City on Nov. 25 with the participation of 44 nominees across 11 categories and 21 countries.
- 'Turkey reaches its targets with US agreement'
- Turkey’s presidency submits motion on Lebanon
- Palestinians in Gaza protest for 79th Friday
- Merkel cautiously optimistic about Turkey-US deal
- EU leaders want to meet with Turkish President Erdogan
- Nigerian forces seize Boko Haram arms cache
- UN denies Turkey used chemical weapons in Syria
- UPDATE - Turkey to continue Syria op if US not keep promises
- Over 1B people watch 2019 Women’s World Cup: FIFA
- Lebanon: Hariri's ally urges resignation amid protests
- UPDATE - Afghanistan blasts: Death toll rises to 22
- Turkey: Presidency submits budget motion to parliament
- Unprecedented flooding affect 200,000 people in S.Sudan
- YPG/PKK use fake photos to smear Turkey's op in Syria
- Turkey extends funds to chemical weapons watchdog
Turkish actor gets nod for top international Emmy Award
By Ali Murat Alhas