By Ali Murat Alhas
ANKARA (AA) – A veteran Turkish actor on Thursday was nominated for the prestigious International Emmy Awards.
Haluk Bilginer was nominated in the best performance by an actor category of the International Emmy Awards for his acting skills in the TV series Sahsiyet (Persona).
In the miniseries, the 65-year-old plays a man diagnosed with Alzheimer's who is cursed to eventually lose all his memories.
Bilginer’s character, however, turns the ailment into an opportunity in which he can execute guilty people without any fear of suffering pangs of conscience.
The 12-episode series won acclaim from viewers both in Turkey and abroad; it is rated 9.1 out of 10 on the Internet Movie Database or IMDB.
Bilginer, with dozens of acting credits to his name, made his first appearance in the mid-1980s, in long-running British soap opera Eastenders.
He won the best supporting actor prize at the 1997 International Antalya Film Festival. In 2014, he won the FIPRESCI Prize at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for his performance in the acclaimed film Winter Sleep.
The 47th International Emmy Awards will be held in New York City on Nov. 25 with the participation of 44 nominees across 11 categories and 21 countries.
- Istanbul: 11th Bosphorus Summit to begin Monday
- UPDATE - YPG/PKK terrorists arrested entering Turkey illegally
- Women diplomats breaking barriers in Turkey
- Turkey: Women health workers demand safety
- Iran bans travel during Nowruz holiday
- Turkey's women police out to get terrorists
- Pope Francis calls for peace amid ruins of Iraq’s Mosul
- Saudi-led coalition destroys 8 rebel drones from Yemen
- YPG/PKK terrorist arrested entering Turkey illegally
- Missile kills 3 Palestinian fishermen off Gaza coast
- Pope Francis visits Erbil, meets Kurdish leaders
- Turkey 'neutralizes' 2 YPG/PKK terrorists in N.Syria
- Myanmar: 2 Suu Kyi's party members tortured to death
- Train accident in Pakistan kills 1
- Indian app allows users to talk in local languages
Turkish actor gets nod for top international Emmy Award
By Ali Murat Alhas
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing