ISTANBUL (AA) - Anadolu Agency does not verify these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Turkish dailies on Tuesday mainly covered the case of a suspected serial killer and return of residents to their homes in southeastern Yuksekova district following a partial end of a curfew.
Reporting on the suspected murderer on the loose, HABERTURK’s headline read: “Baby face serial killer”.
According to HABERTURK, the suspect, Atalay F., allegedly killed a history teacher, Fatma Kayikci, on May 26. He also reportedly killed two people back in 2013.
The paper added that the suspected killer studied for his Ph.D. on biology at a leading Turkish university. His Russian girlfriend is also said to be missing since 2011.
“Killing machine,” was HURRIYET’s headline, while STAR said: “Serial killer with Ph.D.”.
MILLIYET said the suspect was using a fake identity and did not use a mobile phone.
Meanwhile, residents of southeastern Hakkari province’s Yuksekova district began returning to their homes after a curfew imposed on March 13 in the area was partially lifted Sunday.
“Home coming queue,” was SABAH’s headline.
VATAN said at least 8,000 families started to return to their homes while a commission began assessing the cost of damaged houses in the district.
“Remains of Yuksekova,” was CUMHURIYET’s headline, which reported that it seems the district had been hit by a massive earthquake.
Turkey’s southeast has been the scene of significant military operations since December 2015 as the police and armed forces seek to clear the PKK terrorist organization from urban areas.
The PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and the EU – resumed its 30-year armed campaign against the Turkish state in July 2015.
Some dailies also covered an ongoing controversy over the opposition Nationalist Movement Party’s date for holding its congress.
"Chaos over date of congress,” was HURRIYET’s headline, which reported that while the party leadership said the congress would be held on July 10, a court appointed commission decided to hold party election on June 19.
“Now, fight over congress timing,” was VATAN’s headline, while YENI SAFAK labeled the controversy as a “crisis.”
HABERTURK said the MHP would sack party dissidents if they attended the June 19 congress.