• İstanbul 26 °C
  • Ankara 28 °C

Turkish Press Review

Turkish Press Review
Tuesday’s papers continued to cover developments after the capture of suspect who admitted murdering 3 people

ISTANBUL (AA) - Anadolu Agency does not verify these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.

Turkish newspapers on Tuesday continued to cover developments after the capture of an accused serial killer who admitted murdering three people.

“Curdle our blood,” was VATAN’s headline. The daily reported: “Serial killer who speaks four languages confesses to 3 murders.”

Atalay F., the alleged killer of three people since 2013, was arrested in the Aegean province of Izmir on Sunday.

His case heated up last week after it emerged that he was also allegedly responsible for the murder of a history teacher last month.

Local press claimed that the suspect also murdered two other people in 2013.

Featuring a picture of Atalay F. wearing a bulletproof vest, the newspaper wrote that he was arrested and sent to Silivri Prison in Istanbul on Monday.

“’What’s up, Atalay,’” was HABER TURK’s headline, reporting that the suspect cold-bloodedly told the police about all the murders he committed.

According to the daily, Atalay F. killed his last victim Fatma Kayikci because she used his real name when she greeted him one morning.

“I become suspicious of Fatma Kayikci coming in and out of my house,” the suspect was quoted by the newspaper as saying. He was staying at Kayikci’s three-bedroom apartment, where she was using one of the rooms as a workspace and frequently coming to the house.

“I noticed that she was messing with my stuff. The day of the incident she said, ‘Good morning. What’s up, Atalay?’ [the suspect’s real name]. I hit her head on the wall and stabbed her,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.

The daily also reported that two police officers were suspended after taken a selfie with the suspect.

“Horrified statements,” was HURRIYET’s headline, featuring a picture of the water tunnel where he spent his last night in Izmir.

“Yes, I killed three of them,” was SABAH’s headline, while AKSAM wrote, “Confesses to three murders”

Turkish dailies also covered the weekend deadliest-ever mass shooting in the United States, in Orlando, Florida.

The shooter, identified as Omar Mateen, 29, killed at least 49 people and injured 53 others at a gay nightclub in Orlando.

“Muslim response to the hate massacre,” was HABER TURK’s headline, reporting that Muslim advocacy group the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) condemned the attack.

“How did he get that gun?” was VATAN’s headline, reporting that the suspect was questioned three times by the FBI and yet still easily obtained a rifle.

“Massacre politics,” was MILLIYET’s headline, reporting that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump blamed the “Muslim community who did not report radicals”.

In sports news, Turkish dailies covered Fenerbahce claiming the Turkish basketball league’s crown.

“Fener is the champion in basketball,” was MILLIYET’s headline, while VATAN wrote, “Fener the basketball king”.

Fenerbahce won the championship after defeating Anadolu Efes 91-70 in Game 6 (4-2) of their best-of-seven playoff final series on Monday.


source: News Feed
This news is a total 148 time has been read
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
This news yet comment has been added .
Other News
All Rights Reserved © May 2014 US Muslims | Unauthorized and the resources published.
Haber Scripti: CM Bilişim