By Emre Asikci
ISTANBUL (AA) - An upcoming match in Super Lig, Turkey's top-tier football division, has been delayed over multiple coronavirus cases, officials said on Monday.
The match between MKE Ankaragucu and Atakas Hatayspor, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed due to virus cases in Hatayspor squad, the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) announced.
It added that the game will be scheduled at a later date.
As many as 17 players, along with manager Omer Erdogan and a club employee, have tested positive, the club confirmed earlier.
Sunday's match between Atakas Hatayspor and Buyuksehir Belediye Erzurumspor was also put off due to the infections.
- Over 150 Ghanaians return from Libya: IOM
- Spain: New virus cases down, outbreaks at schools up
- 3 soldiers killed in firing by Pakistan, says India
- Croatia defeat Turkey 79-62 in EuroBasket quals
- Turkish, Saudi foreign ministers hold ‘sincere’ meeting
- Suicide attack at restaurant kills 7 in Somali capital
- COVID-19: Italy reports 827 new deaths, infections down 2%
- Turkish charity to assist weary Ethiopians in Sudan
- Pandemic highlights need to bridge digital divides:OECD
- Wanted PKK terrorist brought to Turkey
- CORRECTS - UK reports 521 more coronavirus deaths
- Turkey reports 29,800+ new COVID-19 cases
- UK reports 521 more coronavirus deaths
- Istanbul Airport tops European traffic charts Nov.18-26
- Turkey donates fishing kits to South Sudan
Turkish Super Lig match delayed due to coronavirus
By Emre Asikci