• İstanbul 13 °C
  • Ankara 8 °C

Two European nationals ‘neutralized’ in Afrin, Syria

Two European nationals ‘neutralized’ in Afrin, Syria
Spanish, French nationals fighting with terrorist PYD/PKK among those killed during Turkey’s Syrian counter-terror op

ANKARA (AA) – Two nationals from European countries fighting as part of the terrorist group PYD/PKK have been “neutralized” during Turkey’s Operation Olive Branch in Afrin, northwestern Syria, according to information available online on social media.

While Turkey’s operation in Syria continues, information on social media about some terrorists “neutralized” by Turkish army shows that some were European nationals.

According to this information, Spanish national Samuel Prada Leon, codenamed Baran Galicia, and French national Olivier Francois Jean Le Clainche, codenamed Kendal Breizh, were both “neutralized” last week in Afrin, the site of Turkey’s counter-terrorist Operation Olive Branch.

There are many foreign terrorists from European countries as well as the U.S. fighting for the PYD/PKK.

While Western countries have worked to stem their citizens from going to join Daesh, they have showed much less concern about Westerners joining the PYD/PKK, while largely failing to recognize the PYD/PKK as a terrorist threat.

Separately, Dutch citizen Sjoerd Heeger -- codenamed Baran Sason -- was killed in Deir al-Zor, eastern Syria, close to the Iraqi border, during clashes with the Syrian army and Iranian forces, also according to social media.

On Jan. 20, Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch to clear PYD/PKK and Daesh terrorists from Afrin.

According to the Turkish General Staff, the operation aims to establish security and stability along Turkey’s borders and the region as well as protect Syrians from terrorist oppression and cruelty.

The operation is being carried out under the framework of Turkey's rights based on international law, UN Security Council resolutions, its self-defense rights under the UN charter, and respect for Syria's territorial integrity, it said.

The military also said only terror targets were being destroyed and that "utmost care" is being taken to not harm civilians.


source: News Feed
This news is a total 55 time has been read
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
This news yet comment has been added .
Other News
All Rights Reserved © May 2014 US Muslims | Unauthorized and the resources published.
Haber Scripti: CM Bilişim