ADDS FIVE PKK MEMBERS KILLED
By Serdar Acil
MARDIN, Turkey (AA) – Five PKK terrorists were killed in a military operation in southeastern Turkey after two security forces were martyred in an attack, according to military sources.
The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity as they are not authorized to speak to media, said the security forces carried out the operation in a building and clashed with terrorists in Nusaybin district of Mardin province.
Five of the terrorists who fired and hurled hand grenades at security forces were killed on Yenisehir street of Nusaybin, said the sources.
Earlier, two security forces, including a Turkish soldier and a police officer, were martyred in Nusaybin and nine other security personnel were injured, one of them in critical condition.
Also on Thursday, one soldier was martyred and another wounded after a PKK terrorist attack in Ovacik district of Tunceli province.
A gunfight erupted after the soldiers retaliated and initially wounded two soldiers. One soldier, who was airlifted to a university hospital in the neighboring Elazig province, succumbed to his injuries.
The PKK - listed as a terrorist organization also by Turkey, the U.S., and the EU - resumed its 30-year armed campaign against the Turkish state in July 2015.
Since then, nearly 500 security personnel, including troops, police officers, and village guards, have been martyred, and over 4,900 PKK terrorists killed in operations across Turkey and northern Iraq.
*Anadolu Agency Correspondent Servet Gunerigok contributed to this story from Ankara.
- Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - June 25, 2021
- 16th round of Astana talks on Syria to be held July 7-8
- 3 killed in helicopter crash in Russia’s Leningrad region
- UK government updates foreign travel lists
- COVID-19 deaths, cases on rise in Arab countries
- Gunmen abduct 33 people in northwestern Nigeria
- At least 150 injured as tornado strikes Czech Republic
- UPDATE - European Commission announces adoption of conclusions on Turkey
- UPDATE - US governor declares emergency after deadly Florida building collapse
- Two Muslim sisters attacked in Canada
- Turkey condemns Honduras for moving its embassy to Jerusalem
- Microsoft's market value climbs above $2T
- European Commission announces adoption of conclusions on Turkey
- At least 5,800 people in Turkey recover from COVID in past 24 hours
- Turkic Council tourism ministers meet in Uzbekistan
UPDATE - Two security forces martyred in SE Turkey operation
ADDS FIVE PKK MEMBERS KILLED
- FBI agents shoot man outside CIA headquarters
- Fenerbahce football player contracts COVID-19
- NBA: Bucks acquire P.J. Tucker, Kurucs from Rockets
- UN mission in DRC condemns killing of Italian envoy
- Erdogan urges all parties to pitch in on new Constitution
- US: 1 dead, 4 injured in clinic shooting
- Tennis: Australian Open to kick off Monday
- NBA: Doncic's career-high leads Mavericks over Warriors
- Bayern Munich win German Super Cup
- China destroys 30,000 'inaccurate' world maps
- ISNA President Expresses Concerns on Gaza Crisis
- Attack on Muslims Outside Mosque in NY
- Tips For a Happy and Healthy Ramadan
- Red Meat Linked to Breast Cancer in Harvard Study
- Pilot’s miraculous landing