SANAA (AA)- Yemen’s Houthi rebel group on Sunday said it fired two drones on King Khalid airbase in southern Saudi Arabia.
“This attack came in response to the enemy's [Saudi Arabia] air escalation and its continued siege on our people,” rebel spokesman Yahya Saree said in a statement.
On Saturday, the Houthi group said it had fired three drones towards the Jizan and Abha airports and the Khamis Mushait base.
The Houthi group regularly announces rocket and drone attacks on Saudi territories, saying they are a reaction to the Saudi-led coalition’s attacks in Yemen.
Yemen has been beset by violence and chaos since 2014, when Houthi rebels overran much of the country, including the capital Sanaa. The crisis escalated in 2015 when the Saudi-led coalition launched a devastating air campaign aimed at rolling back Houthi territorial gains.
More than 100,000 Yemenis, including civilians, are believed to have been killed in the conflict, which has led to the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, with millions at risk of starvation.
* Bassel Barakat contributed to this report from Ankara
- Malaysian entities slam Riyadh for saying MB terrorist
- Israeli defense chief says ready to talk with Hamas
- US: Biden names John Kerry as special climate envoy
- Galatasaray upset fans, drawing with 10-man Kayserispor
- Kenya: Police reopen cases of post-2007 polls violence
- UPDATE - Croatian forward Saric stays in Phoenix: NBA insider
- Azerbaijan: 1 soldier martyred in mine blast
- Syrian opposition refuses talks with terrorist YPG/PKK
- WHO chief sees 'light at the end of long, dark tunnel'
- Top EU official invites US president-elect to summit
- NATO chief congratulates US President-elect Biden
- Parts of Spain begin reopening amid drop in cases
- Guatemala shelves budget that caused massive protests
- Turkey summons EU, Italian, German envoys over search of ship
- Croatian forward Saric stays in Phoenix: NBA insider
Yemen rebels attack airbase in Saudi Arabia
‘Attack came in response Saudi Arabia’s air escalation,’ Houthi spokesman said
This news is a total 20 time has been read
Malaysian entities slam Riyadh for saying MB terroristAs many as 17 Islamic organizations in Malaysia say label could divide Muslim community
Israeli defense chief says ready to talk with HamasAny settlement will include release of Israeli prisoners held by Hamas, says Benny Gantz
Kenya: Police reopen cases of post-2007 polls violenceDuring election violence that marred aftermath of 2007 Kenyan polls, over 1,000 were killed, half a million displaced
Azerbaijan: 1 soldier martyred in mine blast1 Russian and 4 Armenian soldiers also injured in Upper Karabakh while searching for bodies, says Russian Defense Ministry
Syrian opposition refuses talks with terrorist YPG/PKKCoalition pressured by several countries to let terrorist YPG/PKK join talks over new constitution, says opposition head