By Enes Canli
ANKARA (AA) - Social media accounts linked to YPG/PKK terror group continue to attempt to spread fake news aiming to smear Turkey’s counter-terrorism operation in northern Syria.
In the latest example, the accounts linked to the YPG/PKK terror group used a video in which Daesh terrorists attempted to escape prison and accused Turkey of assisting their release.
In reality, the video was shot on September 13, before Turkey launched its operation; in fact, the video had previously been aired by a U.S. media outlet.
YPG/PKK-linked social media accounts have shared scores of videos and images following Turkey’s anti-terror operation to twist the truth and manipulate the international perspective.
However, Turkish media outlets and relevant state departments have repeatedly shed light on the truth and informed people in a correct and precise manner.
On Oct. 9, Turkey had launched Operation Peace Spring to eliminate terrorists from northern Syria in order to secure Turkey’s borders, aid in the safe return of Syrian refugees and ensure Syria’s territorial integrity.
On Thursday, Turkey agreed to pause its Operation Peace Spring for 120 hours to allow the withdrawal of terrorist YPG/PKK forces from the planned safe zone.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and U.S. Vice President Mike Pence also agreed on Turkey having 20 miles (32 kilometers) of safe zone south of the Turkish border in Syria.
Ankara wants to clear northern Syria east of the Euphrates River of the terrorist PKK and its Syrian offshoot, the YPG/PKK.
In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union -- has been responsible for deaths of 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
*Writing by Ali Murat Alhas
- UPDATE - Mentally disabled Palestinian shot dead in Jerusalem
- EU regrets US decision on Iran nuclear deal
- Turkey condemns attack on aid workers in Somalia
- Turkey: Domestic flights to resume from June 1
- Mentally disabled Palestinian shot dead in Jerusalem
- Turkey ‘neutralizes’ 5 YPG/PKK terrorists in N.Syria
- China launches 2 technology experiment satellites
- India records highest single-day COVID-19 cases
- 8 Francophone countries get new currency
- Zimbabwe: Rift within ruling party dents president’s clout
- Russia sees another 8,000+ daily COVID-19 cases
- Pakistan reports record 78 daily deaths from COVID-19
- 5,700+ coronavirus cases registered in Africa in 1 day
- Turkey 'neutralizes' 2 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- Cameroon to open schools on June 1, eases lockdown
YPG/PKK terrorists use Daesh footage for disinformation
In yet another baseless allegation, pro-YPG/PKK social media accounts claim Daesh prisoners escape due to Turkish strikes
This news is a total 58 time has been read
UPDATE - Mentally disabled Palestinian shot dead in JerusalemPalestinian man was found to be unarmed
EU regrets US decision on Iran nuclear dealGermany, France, UK, EU still committed to non-proliferation pact
Turkey condemns attack on aid workers in SomaliaAid workers of health facility attacked by group of unidentified gunmen in village of Gololey
Turkey ‘neutralizes’ 5 YPG/PKK terrorists in N.Syria Terrorists attempted to infiltrate into Operation Peace Spring zone across Turkey's southern border, says Defense Ministry