China protests US downing ballon over Atlantic Ocean

China protests US downing ballon over Atlantic Ocean

‘China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and protest against the US's use of force to attack civilian unmanned aircraft,’ says Beijing

By Muhammed Enes Calli

ISTANBUL (AA) - China's foreign ministry expressed “strong dissatisfaction" at the US for shooting down of its balloons over the Atlantic Ocean on Saturday.

"China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and protest against the US's use of force to attack civilian unmanned aircraft. The Chinese side has repeatedly informed the US side after verification that the airship is for civilian use and entered the US due to force majeure – it was completely an accident," it said in a statement.

"China will resolutely safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of relevant companies, while reserving the right to make further necessary reaction."

The US shot down the suspected Chinese “spy” balloon Saturday which had been spotted above US airspace off the coast of the state of South Carolina.

An operation is underway to recover debris in the Atlantic Ocean.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the decision was made at the direction of US President Biden.


Kaynak:Source of News

This news has been read 126 times in total

ADD A COMMENT to TO THE NEWS
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
Previous and Next News