Indonesia landslide death toll climbs to 23

Indonesia landslide death toll climbs to 23

73 injured taken to local hospitals, search continues for 35 missing people, say authorities

By Anadolu staff

Indonesian authorities said they found 11 more bodies from massive landslide site, bringing the total deaths to 23 while 35 are still missing, local media reported on Tuesday.

A search is continued for missing people at a traditional gold mine in Indonesia’s remote Bone Bolango district in Gorontalo province, according to local media outlet Sinar Harapan.

So far, 58 people were evacuated to safe places while 73 others injured were taken to local hospitals, said the National SAR Agency.

"There are still 35 people missing," said the agency.

The rescue teams are facing several obstacles, including changing weather conditions, which have disrupted access to the site.

Several bridges leading to the site were also washed away by landslides and floods. However, helicopters have been deployed to shift the bodies and injured as the area is inaccessible by motor vehicles, and it took several hours for rescue workers to reach the site by foot.


*Writing by Islamuddin Sajid

Kaynak:Source of News

This news has been read 33 times in total

ADD A COMMENT to TO THE NEWS
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
Previous and Next News