US convoy vehicle attacked in Nigeria, White House confirms

US convoy vehicle attacked in Nigeria, White House confirms

No American hurt, National Security Council spokesperson tells reporters

By Rabia Iclal Turan

WASHINGTON (AA) - A US convoy vehicle was attacked in Nigeria, the White House said Tuesday.

"What I can tell you is that no US citizens were involved, and therefore there were no US citizens hurt," National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby told reporters during a daily news conference.

"But we are aware of some casualties, perhaps even some killed but I don't want to get too far ahead of where we are right now," he added.

Kirby did not provide further details about the attack.

- Biden's visit to Papua New Guinea

Asked about President Joe Biden's upcoming visit to Papua New Guinea and Australia, Kirby said officials were "reevaluating the rest of the trip" in light of the debt ceiling crisis.

The White House previously announced that Biden will visit Papua New Guinea later this month when he returns from a G7 Leaders’ summit in Hiroshima and a Quad Leaders’ summit in Sydney, Australia.

The visit would make Biden the first sitting US president to visit Papua New Guinea.



Kaynak:Source of News

This news has been read 138 times in total

ADD A COMMENT to TO THE NEWS
UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
Previous and Next News